The programme is modular and will take place in London and in Los Angeles.
Please note, in order to fully benefit from the programme, participants must be
able to commit full-time to the following dates.
Modules & Sessions:
Module 1: 17-21 June (London)
Module 2: 16-20 September (Los Angeles)
Module 3: 11-15 November (London)
Project Presentations and Closing Event: 28 November (London)
To develop and enhance your understanding of the global film business, the programme
combines meetings with industry leaders, seminars, case studies, studio and other
off-site visits, and working sessions on projects based on hypothetical scenarios.
You will be expected to work on a project in your own time (approx 5 days). Throughout
the programme, participants will also be offered networking opportunities with working
lunches, dinners and evening receptions. Among other topics, the programme will
- an overview of the global film business and the key players
- the key financial considerations and controls which can determine success or failure
- comparing and understanding global sales and distribution opportunities
- theatrical release campaigns and strategies
- home entertainment, television, on-line and ancillary markets
- marketing strategies and finding your audience
- understanding the US marketplace, studio system and agents
- raising finance and understanding revenue flows
- key legal, business affairs and accounting considerations
- commercial and creative considerations during development and production
- the acquisitions process
- the digital landscape
- core leadership and management skills, including business planning, and corporate
- personal presentation techniques and negotiation skills
Throughout the programme you will receive a variety of programme materials. These
will include reports and handouts covering marketplace data and information, confidential
case studies and financing mechanisms.