Module 2 has been pushed back a week in order to avoid a clash with the 2017 dates of Rosh Hashana
The programme is modular and takes place in London and in Los Angeles.
You will be expected to work on a project in your own time (approx 10 days). Throughout the programme, participants will also be offered networking opportunities with working lunches, dinners and evening receptions.
Among other topics, the programme will cover:
- An overview of the global film business and the key players
- The key financial considerations and controls which can determine success or failure
- Comparing and understanding global sales and distribution opportunities
- Theatrical release campaigns and strategies
- Home entertainment, television, online and ancillary markets
- Marketing strategies and finding your audience
- Understanding the US marketplace, studio system and agents
- Raising finance and understanding revenue flows
- Key legal, business affairs and accounting considerations
- Commercial and creative considerations during development and production
- The acquisitions process
- The digital landscape
- Core leadership and management skills, including business planning, and corporate strategy
- Personal presentation techniques and negotiation skills
Throughout the programme you will receive a variety of programme materials. These will include reports and handouts covering marketplace data and information, confidential case studies and financing mechanisms.
Modules & Sessions
Through the programme, participants are granted access to leading authority figures in the UK, European and US film industries, who give their time generously and share their expertise and experience with our participants – providing connections and opportunities that some may never have previously been afforded.
In addition, Inside Pictures is not only renown throughout the industry for the high level of professionals who speak on the programme and support it, but also for the alumni of the programme itself. Through its 13 years in operation, Inside Pictures has grown to a network of over 200 previous participants, working across almost every discipline within the film business. This alumni network is built on collaboration, support and the sharing of experience – something we at Inside Pictures encourage from day one of the programme.
Opposite are just a few examples of the networking opportunities we make available for participants and alumni of Inside Pictures:
- International alumni networking receptions in Berlin and Cannes
- A large networking event in Central London during Module 1, where the best and brightest of the industry gather to meet the new Inside Pictures group
- Various different networking events and opportunities during Module 2 in LA – including a large mixer in Beverly Hills to meet LA’s finest
- An alumni-only event in Module 3, where participants from across the years gather to meet, share their experiences and make new contacts.
- The final graduation ceremony in Module 4 – which alumni, speakers, supporters and industry leaders attend to wish the group well for the future
- Participants also engage in a mentor scheme through the programme, in which they are paired up with Inside Pictures alumni who can guide and support them in an area they wish to develop
- In addition to all of the above, Inside Pictures also provides various tools and forums for the alumni network to collaborate and keep in touch, including alumni-only Facebook and Linkedin groups as well as a quarterly alumni newsletter.